There are numerous scholarships and grants for sonography and ultrasound students to help pay for school as well as for the living expenses incurred while attending school. Whether you are interested in becoming an ultrasound tech or a sonography nurse, you can get money to help you complete the program you’ve chosen in order to better yourself and better serve your community. The following 10 scholarships and grants in sonography and ultrasound are good options to consider if you are currently enrolled or planning to enroll in a sonography or ultrasound academic program:
- AIUM (American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine) Scholarships
- American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) Scholarships
- AMVETS Department of MI Nursing and Allied Health Program Scholarships
- Diagnostic Cardiovascular Sonography Scholarship – Alvin CC
- SDMS Educational Foundation General Scholarship
- SDMS Presidential Scholarship
- Sladek Critical Medical Career Scholarships
- Society for Vascular Ultrasound’s 2010 Anne Jones Scholarship
- Society of Vascular Ultrasound (SVU) Scholarships
- Trudy Dubinsky Memorial Scholarship
If you have been overwhelmed by the costs of completing a degree or certificate program in ultrasound or sonography, one of these scholarships or grants may be able to help. At the very least, it can’t hurt to get more information from these organizations and see what awards are available. Also make sure to discuss your options with the school of your choice. Most educational institutions have financial aid offices where you can get more information.
There may also be money available through award programs that are not necessarily designated to ultrasound and sonography students. If you are a United States veteran or the child of a U.S. veteran, you may find numerous scholarships and grants available. Clubs, fraternal organizations, religious groups and employers often provide scholarships to their members and employees as well.
Also be sure to fill out a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) when you apply to the school or schools of your choice. Not only will this put you in the running to receive a Pell Grant; it will also allow you to see if you qualify for low-interest student loans through the federal government. There are many scholarships and grants for sonography and ultrasound.